1) Human right & gender equality
- Rwanda NGOs Forum on HIV/AIDS and Health Promotion (RNGOF on HIV/AIDS & HP) led a CSO coalition members that advocated for removal of punitive laws on key population. Currently female sex workers and MSMs have an improved legal environment to access friendly health and HIV services.
- Rwanda NGOs Forum on HIV/AIDS and Health Promotion led a CSO coalition and advocated for the removal of restrictive articles on abortion within the Penal Code in accordance with the MAPUTO Protocol.
- Rwanda NGOs Forum on HIV/AIDS and Health Promotion continues to fight stigma and discrimination against women of reproductive age in Rwanda in regard to family planning and community response to safe abortion.
2) Universal Health coverage
- Advocacy: Rwanda NGOs Forum on HIV/AIDS and Health Promotion led the preparation and conducted a CSOs preconference on the Africa Health Agenda International Conference (AHAIC). The theme of the pre-conference was “How to make UHC a reality in Africa-Leaving no one behind targeting Key and Priority population including FSWs, MSMs, PWUDs and AGYW should access health services without experiencing financial hardship. The recommendations from the pre-conference was presented in the main AHAIC.
- Rwanda NGOs Forum on HIV/AIDS and Health Promotion has mobilized members that have contributed to Community Based Health insurance through providing premium contributions to vulnerable beneficiaries.
3) Resources mobilization
- Planning: Rwanda NGOs Forum on HIV/AIDS and Health Promotion together with its members Organizations have advocated to Rwanda Bio-Medical Center through Ministry of Health and Country Coordinating Mechanism of the Global Fund to consider interventions that are targeting Key and Priority Population within the HIV National strategic plan 2013-2018 and 2018-2024;
- Resource Mob: Rwanda NGOs forum on HIV/AIDS and Health Promotion have advocated for CSOs member organizations to benefit from the funding of the Global Fund. Among the 14 SRs, 6 NGOs are implementing Key Population Interventions; 6 are implementing interventions targeting Adolescent Girls and Young Women; 1 in Social marketing, 1 in SGBV;
- Rwanda NGOs forum on HIV/AIDS and Health Promotion has mobilized funds from other development partners including UNAIDS, Amplify Change, Rwanda Governance Board, and Embassy of the Kingdom of Netherlands to address issues on HIV/AIDS, SRHR, Accountable Governance and human rights respectively;
- Rwanda NGOs Forum on HIV/AIDS and Health Promotion has co-organized Advocacy meetings to Increase Domestic Resource Mobilization for health in Africa and the 6th Replenishment of the Global Fund;
4) Capacity Building
Rwanda NGOs Forum on HIV/AIDS and Health Promotion on HIV/AIDS and Health Promotion has built capacity of 80 Local NGOs who are member Organizations through delivering trainings on:
- Monitoring and Evaluation;
- Financial Management,
- Proposal writing and Program Management,
- Advocacy and Resource Mobilization.
5) Coordination and Monitoring & Evaluation
Rwanda NGOs Forum on HIV/AIDS and Health Promotion coordinates and monitors member’s interventions at the community level. Challenges and best practices collected are shared to the Ministry of Health and CCM-Rwanda to inform the future planning. RNGOF conducts, on a quarterly basis, constituent Coordination meetings where by RNGOF shares information on policies and strategies of decision makers and receives information and opinions of its members regarding challenges and the way forward to address them. This kind of constituency feedback helps in setting the agenda for the next CCM meeting. Rwanda NGOs Forum on HIV/AIDS and Health Promotion is a permanent represented on the CCM.