The Rwanda NGO Forum is involved in a number of programme activities. These includes:
- To advocate to the Government and Donors, to include civil society in the various programs of the fight against AIDS.
- To ensure the coordination of programs of the fight against HIV/AIDS developed by member NGOs and associations.
- To ensure the follow up of the implementation of programs of the fight against AIDS by member NGOs and associations.
- To collect and centralize the data on interventions of the fight against AIDS by the member NGOs and associations and to provide periodic related reports to the NACC.
- To contribute to the resources mobilization for the funding of programs of the member NGOs and associations.
- To facilitate the communication and exchange of information between the member NGOs and associations.
- To disseminate amongst the member NGOs information about opportunities of funding and participating in conferences at the national and international level.
- To encourage the member NGOs and associations to plan their interventions by taking into account the need for geographical equity, gender, prevalence of the pandemic and by avoiding the duplication of interventions.
- To establish a connection with other Forums pursuing the same goals in the sub-region and in the world ;
- To ensure networking, advocacy and leadership among CSOs on HIV & AIDS in Rwanda
Eradication of all barriers that could compromise the behaviour change of Rwandan population by way of which men, women and children are protected from HIV/AIDS and PLWHA are able to partake in the same rights as all citizens. ×
To promote, coordinate, monitor and evaluate activities of NGOs engaged in the fight against HIV/AIDS in Rwanda, Networking and advocacy for civil society involvement in all HIV/AIDS program and policy development in order to improve the living conditions of the affected communities
Increase civil society capacity to implement effective community responses on HIV & AIDS, Malaria, TB and non communicable diseases ;
Strengthen communities' influence in national programming and in national and international policies;
Strengthen the NGO Forum on HIV/AIDS as a partnership of strong national linking organizations for health promotion;
Enhance the capacity of members and other stakeholders to effectively respond to HIV & AIDS, Malaria, Tuberculosis, and non communicable diseases and their impact
Enhance greater participation of members and other stakeholders to advocate for development and implementation of policies on HIV & AIDS, Malaria, TB and non communicable diseases
Increase access to resources by members through mobilization, grant making and management
Increase access to resources by members through mobilization, grant making and accountability
Rwanda NGO Forum on HIV/AIDS upholds the following guiding principles:
Respect, transparency and accountability;
Anti-stigma and discrimination;
Commitment and good governance;
Civil Society commitment to National and international declarations.